+66 81 969 6098 (BKK)
+61 2 9267 5634 (SYD)

Support services for students


There are many support services available for international students. This includes services provided directly by institutions as well as those provided by a range of state, territory and federal government departments.

Overseas Students Ombudsman
The Overseas Students Ombudsman (OSO) investigates complaints about problems that overseas students have with private education and training institutions in Australia. The Ombudsman’s services are free, independent and impartial.
If international students are studying at a public institution, such as TAFE colleges and many universities and schools, they should contact the Ombudsman in the state or territory in which they are studying to lodge a complaint.

Tuition Protection Service
The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist all international students if their institution (referred to as 'Education Provider' under the TPS) is unable to fully deliver the course of study. The TPS may also assist the students if they have withdrawn from, or not started, the course and are eligible for a refund of tuition fees and the institution has not paid them.

The TPS will make ensure that international students are able to either:
** Complete their studies in another course or with another institution, or
** Receive a refund of unspent tuition fees.

Under the Tuition Protection Service international students have a number of rights and obligations. For more information visit the Tuition Protection Service website.

06 Jul 16 02:13